Documentation on andEngine

... information about changes and new features of AndEngine,

Documentation on andEngine

Postby Dangriff » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:44 am

Hi, does anyone know if there is any documentation on AndEngine?
explains what and how it works, list of classes so on.

thanks
Dangriff

Re: Documentation on andEngine

Postby bjdodson » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 pm

You can browse the javadocs here:
GLES1
GLES2
bjdodson

Postby Lokiare » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm wondering why this is not built into the source? Also there is no description of what things do. Its just a list of functions, methods, and variables...
Lokiare

Postby jaym » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:08 am

There's no descriptions because Nicolas spends most of his time working on new features and adjusting old ones. Others in the community spend their time on their own personal projects, or just don't feel the need for documentation I suppose.

Either way, you can't really blame anyone in particular for AndEngine being vastly undocumented. It's an opensource project, so anyone who feels they want to contribute can do so. The funny thing is that with the number of people who've posted concern about lack of documentation, it seems that they do not feel like contributing either when they start to learn their way.

If I had enough time to setup a website purely for the purpose of AndEngine documentation/guides/etc, I would not hesitate. The website could probably generate some decent traffic and possibly some extra cash via ads.
AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook - Based on AndEngine's latest, greatest, GLES2.0 AnchorCenter branch!
jaym

Postby Lokiare » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 am

I'd be willing to update and maintain such a site. How would I get started?
Lokiare

Postby OzLark » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am

I have just created such a site with an open wiki that you can contribute to.

I've installed MediaWiki for the job, but if someone knows of something more suitable, please let me know.

I don't want to make it public just yet as it's still being set up, but anyone who's looking to contribute, just drop me a PM and I'll shoot you the URL.

Lark.
Did this post help you? Feel free to return the gesture by downloading Ninja Bees, creating a level (or more) and sharing it to the Ninja Bees website!

Ninja Bees - Our latest Android game, check it out on Google Play (free) or paid with no ads
OzLark

Return to Updates