Tutorials - What Do You Want???

... tutorials on how to use AndEngine.

Re: Tutorials - What Do You Want???

Postby MaXMC » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:51 am

Yes a "simple" Mario-clone with a simple parallax background would help many to get started I think.

It contains tile-handling, smooth-scrolling, jumping, colliding with objects, enemies, user input, use of different scenes etc.
MaXMC

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:32 pm

From what I understand garbage collection is the single hit to performance. Second, using a pool is the easiest way to avoid destroying sprites. An example with a few sprites with physics body going to the pool and coming back would be helpful. Thanks
Ted Hughes

Postby encryptedband » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 am

Hello,

Thanks for the tutorials you've done so far. I've been able to learn a lot from looking them over.

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out (and is most likely me being stupid), but would you be able to point in the right direction for how to draw a line based on finger movement (like androids finger paint). I know how to track finger movement and whatnot but I can't seem to figure out a good way to draw a line without having a million 1 pixel long segments that really put a hurting on the processor.

So if you'd be able to point me at what I need, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!
encryptedband

Postby Tahakki » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Platform games with Physics would be nice.
Tahakki

Postby calamar » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi, maybe it's a silly request, but could you explain me how to fully complete an application? Because, for example, using the code of PhysicsExample I do not see any method to finish the application or process by pressing the exit/return button. Now I'm not interested on save game state, I just want to close correctly (now when I exit the application I see activity from Qemusensors in LogCat).

(sorry for my english :oops: )
calamar

Postby attak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 pm

A tutorial, with code examples of how to have a bullet shoot from face_box, doing in the direction the box faces.
attak

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 am

do you think you could do how to save levels to xml? i saw a xml parsing tutorial where you said that was for a different tutorial, i was wondering if you could write one.
oranges

Postby oranges » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

attak wrote:A tutorial, with code examples of how to have a bullet shoot from face_box, doing in the direction the box faces.

that would help alot
oranges

Postby Mekuso » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:10 pm

More than anything else, I would love to read an understandable guide on the structure of a proper AndEngine game, as in where you should put various code for things to work optimally.
http://andengine.wikidot.com/ <- add things to the wiki!
Mekuso

Postby oranges » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:06 am

Mekuso wrote:More than anything else, I would love to read an understandable guide on the structure of a proper AndEngine game, as in where you should put various code for things to work optimally.

something like that, ive been trying to get a game started and have changed it so many times because im not sure which way to do things
oranges

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials