[TUTORIAL] To Everyone Looking For .jar Files

... tutorials on how to use AndEngine.

Re: [TUTORIAL] To Everyone Looking For .jar Files

Postby Javo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi!

I have just imported all AndEngine projects and the extensions... and have them in my workspace showing 0 errors.

The thing is that, when I link the source, I get some errors from the linked source saying this:

The import android.opengl.ETC1 cannot be resolved ETC1Texture.java /V3/AndEngine_src/org/anddev/andengine/opengl/texture/compressed/etc1 line 14 Java Problem

... I have just followed the steps in the first page of this tutorial... and what worries me is that no other people seem to have found this problem.... any clue? Ô_o
Javo

Postby Skripi » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Hey dude! That's because you're not using Android 2.2 in your project
Please rush me my portable walrus cleaning kit. Yes I am over 18 but my IQ isn't.
Skripi

Postby Javo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey! Thanks a lot!

I was following the steps from the "Learning Android Game Programming" book... I purchased it in a "beta" status... and it said to use android 1.6 .... I have just found all the new changes to AndEngine and not even the first chapter examples from the book do work anymore (for example, using Texture instead of BitmapAtlasTexture)... I think the author has to rewrite a good part of the book... hope I can use the rest of the book with the help of the forums :D

Thanks again!!!
Javo

Postby RealMayo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Thank you very much for this tutorial, it really helped!
I just wanted to share that in order to get the Box2D Physics examples working in the Eclipse emulator I had to take an extra step of pasting a libandenginephysicsbox2dextension.so file into libs/armeabi in the project. If anybody wants to know more about this, you can go here and view my other post...
http://www.andengine.org/forums/bugs/crash-when-running-the-totorials-t4640.html
RealMayo

Postby Ziden » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:17 am

Hi. Im having real trouble gettin android sdk + andengine to work.

Ive liked the projects as your sayd, well explained on the topic, however im tryng to run andengine examples to understand how it works, however im having many compilation errors, such as "MultiTouch cannot be resolved". Ive created a project, linked the andengine source folder to this new project, then ive copied the examples. I can see im the only one having those issues, makes me sad =( cant go forward
-------------------------------
Gabriel Slomka
Ziden

Postby 2Tie » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:07 am

Ziden: Have you copied all the Extensions through Mercurial?
2Tie

Postby kblood » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Maybe this tutorial should be added to Mimminito's Tutorial List?
kblood

Postby Ziden » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:04 pm

what u mean ? ive got andengine code thro mercurial as a tutorial that explains here, then linked my project to andengine project sourcefolder. wasthat your question ?

in my project i have src folder and andsrc folder, witch contains the link to andengine. ive just dropped the examples into my src folder.

Somehow something is missing. new MultiTouchController() cant resolve a class for example.
-------------------------------
Gabriel Slomka
Ziden

Postby ill2005 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:24 am

AndEngine looks super promising! I'd love to be able to play around with it... but I can't get it to work.

I followed this tutorial, but I get the following series of errors:

Android requires compiler compliance level 5.0 or 6.0. Found '1.4' instead. Please use Android Tools > Fix Project Properties.

I run Fix Project Properties and get:

Project compiler settings changed. Clean your project.

So I clean the project and get:

ERROR: resource directory 'C:\ [...] \AndEngine\res' does not exist

And there are a BUNCH of override errors (like: "The method getVolume() of type BaseAudioEntity must override a superclass method")

I attempted a few other revisions but the same always happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
ill2005

Postby RealMayo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:53 am

ill2005 wrote:I attempted a few other revisions but the same always happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try this...
http://www.andengine.org/forums/tutorials/updated-getting-started-with-andengine-t4858.html
RealMayo

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials