New to Andengine, interested in 2d.

... tutorials on how to use AndEngine.

New to Andengine, interested in 2d.

Postby simmi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi everyone.
I just stumbled across this engine and everywhere I turn my head people say it is the best and most user friendly engine around.
I am very interested in making simple 2d games involving physics.
I have gotten the engine to work on my computer and I have drawn some pictures on the screen and made it run around. Now I need to make something with physics.
Can someone give me a VERY simple example of a ball simply dropping because of gravity. Maybe a flat surface under the ball to see it bounce up into the air.
I need a VERY simple example since when I try to copy the examples provided on the webpage I get some errors.

Anyone? :)

Thanks
simmi
simmi

Re: New to Andengine, interested in 2d.

Postby goodeggapps » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of AndEngine, Simi!

What you're looking for is the AndEngineExamples project- a project that showcases many of AndEngine's code and capabilities. Unfortunately, you came at a bit of a bad time- a recent update made the AndEngineExamples file (which is absolutely wonderful for code samples) a bit more difficult to get working. However, I've put together a guide that will hopefully help you get things running, and if it's unclear, you can find a few other similar guides (particularly in the tutorials section- RealMayo has some great youtube videos to help get things started). I also hope to have a guide to AndEngine's physics in a few weeks, but who wants to wait that long? Go ahead and jump in with the AndEngineExamples- a lot show how to deal with the physics. Good luck with everything!
goodeggapps

Postby simmi » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks. I am looking forward to bringing all my wonderful game ideas to the Android Market :D

I looked a little over the first link you provided and it looks like it is a very nice tutorial.

I will try them out when I get home from work. I'll let you know of the progress if for some reason you might be interested :D

Regards
Simmi
simmi

Postby goodeggapps » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:28 am

Please do! The more feedback I get on these guides, the better I can make them! (Also, a guide to touch is coming tonight, and another on accelerometer in the next day or two!)
goodeggapps

Return to Tutorials