Getting started with AndEngine ...

... tutorials on how to use AndEngine.

Re: Getting started with AndEngine ...

Postby a_g » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:58 am

Hey Nicolas, thanks for starting a project like this.

Just one note, for me the link you have in the first post and the one I quote below gave me a broken file. I had to manually enter the one you used in the video to get a working .jar file. http://andengineexamples.googlecode.com/hg/lib

/a

Nicolas Gramlich wrote:Hi,

Ulatec wrote:Hello, this probably will be a really dumb question but,
I have follow the video, but cannot find myself access to the jar to import as a lib. Is there another place to find it? Or Was i supposed to sign up for something?

Not a dumb question, but I should add the link to the jar to the above post :)

The jar is located here: http://code.google.com/p/andengineexamp ... engine.jar
Right-Click and choose sth like:"Save as..."

Regards,
Nicolas
a_g

Postby Raul » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Hello guys,

I cannot find a "Hello world" topic so I will write here. I am new to Android dev and I choose AndEngine to start playing with. I found this site and forum very professional and I hope we will all have a nice relationship.

Raul,
Visit http://www.rvlgames.com and play our Hacker Simulator Game
Raul

Postby GalaxyKnight » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Nicolas.

I made everything within the video.
But still get 6 errors.
Have no idea how to correct this?
Any idea...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
GalaxyKnight

Postby soshimo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:14 pm

GalaxyKnight wrote:Hi Nicolas.

But still get 6 errors.
Any idea...

It looks like you are missing a reference to the andengine.lib. Did you miss the step where you add the lib to you project and then add to the build path?
soshimo

Postby Br0ken » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:01 pm

GalaxyKnight wrote:Hi Nicolas.

But still get 6 errors.
Any idea...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The @Override annotation is there to tell you that the method you've implemented is overriding a method in a super class; it's useful because if you change the method signature in the super class the compiler can tell you that you have overridden it somewhere and not made the same change; without the annotation the overridden method just becomes another regular class method.

With that bit of background said, I believe you have made a new class and NOT extended BaseGameActivity ?
Br0ken

Postby ravon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 pm

ngloom wrote:Nicolas, all i want to say is it's a great and amazing job without doc !
wish to see the api doc very soon !
thanks your work again ~~~~

I'm moving from Rokon to andengine and have unofficially started documenting parts of the andengine code. My plan is to have some obscure "learn by documenting" approach which will be interesting to say the least. It will basically contain documentation on parts I'm personally using. Currently it just contains some minor comments regarding the angle formats but even the inheritance tree helps tremendously.

You can find the generated doc on my andengine clone: http://denravonska-javadoc.googlecode.c ... mmary.html
ravon

Postby Selzier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:41 am

Anyone having problems getting this working can take a look at the "text version" located here:

http://www.andengine.org/forums/tutorials/tutorial-hello-andengine-a-beginner-s-guide-to-andengine-t593.html
Selzier

Postby octupus23 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 am

Nicolas Gramlich wrote:Hi,

MAW016 wrote:1) i am developing under linux and linux version of eclipse dont have option "add to buildpath" so i have to import your package ... maybe you should mention it in video[/youtube]

Erm... now I don't know what is meant with "import your package" (You don't mean the java import statement, right?)

Best Regards,
Nicolas

I think in Linux/Mac you have there is no option to build a path, so you have to right click on the lib folder, select import, in General select Archive File and click next. Then find the andengine.jar file and finish :)

Thanks for this great tool Nicolas!
octupus23

Postby MAW016 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 am

yes i forget write it here... when i have installed android sdk i havent option to create android project only java project ..after i have changed workspace the the option showed ;)
Black Hero owner
MAW016

Postby sambocrockett » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:37 am

Ive been messing with the sdk for android for a couple months and Im really interested in using your engine to make my first game. Ive download the whole engine through the update link you have in this thread but for some reason it just wont work. Ive looked at the tutorial and I can see how you use the jar file and stuff like that but is there some other way to just down load the whole engine in one shot other than the link that doesnt work?

Any help would be much appreciated

Oh and any game I come up with Id gladly share with the community on here :)
sambocrockett

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials