Eclipse, AndEngine and HelloWorld!!!

... tutorials on how to use AndEngine.

Re: Eclipse, AndEngine and HelloWorld!!!

Postby Survivor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:50 pm

the examples don't work for me.i get this error message:

[2011-01-11 18:45:19 - andengineexamples] ERROR: Unable to open class file C:\Users\xxx\workspace\andengineexamples\gen\org\anddev\andengine\examples\R.java: No such file or directory

i am a total newbie to the java world.Could someone explain how to run the examples?
Survivor

Postby Br0ken » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 pm

R.java is a generated file. Do a Project Clean and Build, that should solve that problem.
Br0ken

Postby Survivor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks! Now it works.
Survivor

Postby Supergeek » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:40 am

I'm getting the "must override a superclass method" every time I try to follow the tutorial. I tried changing the required and target SDK versions, playing with the paths, and even created a new workspace.

I guess I just don't understand the underlying cause for it; it's like it's not detecting the Android libraries with the original methods.

EDIT: Never mind... I misread the recommended fix for switching to 1.5/1.6 as *Android API level 1.5 and 1.6 instead of Java itself!* :oops:
Supergeek

Postby behived » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm

I installed the examples in my eclips, when I am running them in the emulator or on my android phone, most of the tests can't handle a click on the screen for some reason. the phone vibrates, gives a black screen and quits the example. Does anyone have the same issue/knows a fix for this?
behived

Postby behived » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:52 pm

I used the files in the entitycontainer, I switched to the andengine,jar as given here: development/force-close-when-click-to-screen-t1744.html changed the code to scene.getTopLayer().addEntity(face); and now everything is ok... But when I used another jar (I think the one in the default) it stated that the getTopLayer function was deprecated...
I am finding it all very confusing :?
Can someone please clarify what the best bugfree and most up to date jar files are that have decent bug free examples?
behived

Postby Br0ken » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:55 pm

This has been a problem for ages for newcomers, I'll write something about it later after work tonight, or tomorrow morning.

But basically, get the code from either default or EntityContainer branch and build the Jar yourself. Get the code for the Examples from the same branch too, then put the Jar you just built in to the Examples project. I have no idea what Jar the 'release' jar is - and I don't know what code the Jar in the Examples has.
Br0ken

Postby behived » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward for your clarification on this matter!
I 'm glad I finally got something working, so I can start finding out how to build a game with this engine :)
behived

Postby keendify » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Hello, I've got this problem and I don't know how to fix this.. I'm confused... :?

error:
Multiple markers at this line
- The return type is incompatible with
IGameInterface.onLoadEngine()
- implements
org.anddev.andengine.ui.IGameInterface.onLoadEngine

I've got a screen shot, here it is:

anyways, thanks so much for the tutorial.. it helped a lot.. :)
keendify

Postby softmfq » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am

russick89 wrote:
Mimminito wrote:Very strange. The Camera class takes in them parameters... can you post the actual error, or is it just a warning?

It was my mistake, i imported the wrong camera class :lol:
I tried to edit my post before anyone read it to avoid embarrassment

plz tell me which library u have add to resolve this error
softmfq

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials