[RELEASED] Zombie Age

... announce your new project or blog about the development of your project.

[RELEASED] Zombie Age

Postby tomjr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi all,

Our team is very pound to bring another cool game - Zombie Age - to android world thank to AndEngine and its community.

The game was published by DivMob, and now it can be downloaded freely at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redantz.game.zombieage

Again, we do hope you enjoy the game and any comment/suggestion are highly appreciated!

=============================================================================
The world is under attack of savage zombies and the end of mankind is going to happen sooner when those green creatures are walking everywhere. You are the only survival citizen in the town who can deal with the undead. Defend your house and don’t let them pass through your gate. To stay alive, you have to utilize wisely your limited resource and collect money as much as you can to buy powerful weapons or hire the best zombie assassins in the world when you can no longer stand.

Features:
- Defend your town with 24 different weapons & 8 items
- 7 brutal zombies
- 2 difficulty options
- Specific graphic arts and animations
- Simple to play

Some screenshots:

TomJr

Myth of Pirates Link
Panda Jump Link
Zombie Age Link
Cosmos vs Invaders Link
tomjr

Re: [RELEASED] Zombie Age

Postby jaym » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Very nice game :).

Gameplay is engaging, yet simple, which is always a very good combination for the masses. Lots of weapons, items, and characters to work with that allow the player a change of pace. The money also increments in a way not to leave a player feeling stranded, but also doesn't provide enough to become ridiculously strong too fast.

One issue I've found is that after the game loads, I click the "Play" button in the bottom right corner of the screen which brings me to a new screen. This screen does not appear (simply a black screen), aside from an advertisement at the top. After loading a second time, I see that it's supposed to bring me to the main screen as it had flashed the menu for a moment and then went black. This occurs on my TFT-201 with no logs.

By the way, FPS is updated throughout game-play, in case you'd forgot to turn it off during the release.
AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook - Based on AndEngine's latest, greatest, GLES2.0 AnchorCenter branch!
jaym

Postby tomjr » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 am

Hi,

Thank you for compliments :) and especially for letting us know these issues.
We'll fix them in the next update.
TomJr

Myth of Pirates Link
Panda Jump Link
Zombie Age Link
Cosmos vs Invaders Link
tomjr

Postby tomjr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm

jaym wrote:Very nice game :).

Gameplay is engaging, yet simple, which is always a very good combination for the masses. Lots of weapons, items, and characters to work with that allow the player a change of pace. The money also increments in a way not to leave a player feeling stranded, but also doesn't provide enough to become ridiculously strong too fast.

One issue I've found is that after the game loads, I click the "Play" button in the bottom right corner of the screen which brings me to a new screen. This screen does not appear (simply a black screen), aside from an advertisement at the top. After loading a second time, I see that it's supposed to bring me to the main screen as it had flashed the menu for a moment and then went black. This occurs on my TFT-201 with no logs.

By the way, FPS is updated throughout game-play, in case you'd forgot to turn it off during the release.

Hi Jaym,

It took a little longer than we though to fix the "black screen" bug since we could not produce the bug on all our devices. It was probably caused by Admob banner. Could you help us to confirm that the problem is gone in the latest update on the market? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redantz.game.zombieage

Many thanks,
TomJr

Myth of Pirates Link
Panda Jump Link
Zombie Age Link
Cosmos vs Invaders Link
tomjr

Postby jaym » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm

I'll be happy to test it out when I get home in 5 hours. I will send you a private message to confirm.
AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook - Based on AndEngine's latest, greatest, GLES2.0 AnchorCenter branch!
jaym

Return to Projects & Project-Development Blogs