[RELEASED] Reckless Stunts - Racing Game

... announce your new project or blog about the development of your project.

[RELEASED] Reckless Stunts - Racing Game

Postby e.r. » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Hello Guys,

Allow me please to share with you my new game "Reckless Stunts" .
It is a 2D racing game with a stunt and power-ups twist, presented with a special mechanical theme both in graphics and sound effects and an OST.

You have a set of achievements/challenges that you need to beat, every challenge is better suited for a different car (to unlock with coins) or on a different track (to unlock with coins).

If you can please Download, Rate and Share it, I'll appreciate It = ), Bugs, defects, comments and suggestion are most welcomed : )

Link: Download

Available in English and French, Big thanks to Nicholas Gramlich (AndEngine) and Erin Catto (Box2d) and to all members and ex-members of andengine community

Pics and details below : )
Many thanks
1_MainWithWheels.jpg
Reckless Stunts - Logo
1_MainWithWheels.jpg (28.21 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

2_cars.jpg
11 Unique Cars
2_cars.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

3_worlds.jpg
5 Differents Worlds
3_worlds.jpg (35.4 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

4_powerups.jpg
Real Time Power-Ups
4_powerups.jpg (53.59 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

6_achi_safe.jpg
Challenges and safe driving awareness
6_achi_safe.jpg (47.66 KiB) Viewed 4636 times

Features:
- Rotating level selector design, and an octo gate HUD transition
- 11 Cars with different categories: Muscle Cars, Monster Trucks, Army Trucks (Truck and APC), Hot Rod, Electric Cars, Mining Bulldozer and a special Octo-Wheel.
- 5 worlds with randomly generated track from around 40 pieces for each world
- In game power-ups (Nitro, Fuel, Power Flip, Double Coin).
- 33 Achievements/Challenges to beat
- 6 Types of stunts: Air Time, KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System), Front-Back Flip, Front-Back Wheelie

Safe Driving
- The game aims also to raise awareness on safe driving, by allowing the player to commit to safe driving tips and win coins in returns.

Theoretically it should work on all devices as it support all ranges of screen sizes: HD Graphics, support for Full HD, support for low end devices
Last edited by e.r. on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e.r.

Re: [RELEASED] Reckless Stunts - Racing Game

Postby Mathew » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:01 am

Rated it :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: , really polished game, love those animations, also don`t drink and drive promise was a great idea, good luck as competition is large in this type of games.
Mathew

Postby e.r. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 am

Mathew wrote:Rated it :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: , really polished game, love those animations, also don`t drink and drive promise was a great idea, good luck as competition is large in this type of games.

Thanks a lot Mathew ! : )

I'll do my best in marketing / posting and let's hope the competitors are on a break :lol: or at the end of their 30 days ;)
e.r.

Postby e.r. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Do you guys find the game hard :? ?

I mean for racing Gamers they are finding the game a walk in the park and already half way through the game, and some other find it extremely difficult?

Can I have your feedback on difficulty? Thanks
e.r.

Postby Mip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 pm

In fact, this is not specially difficult (I should change my comment on the play store :)).

Perhaps because it's not obvious that they are neverending roads. So, when we succeed in a very good run we think "I do not end this level ?! Strange !" and make the game seem difficult.

We don't know clearly what is our objective to go further : make figures or be a mommy driver.

You peraps should make a limited road and as an objectif : impress your kid making stunts.

Physics is good, UI perfect but there is too much different objectives, so we have the impression to always "loose".
(I say that, but I make exactly the same error again and again).

The big deal is that road blocks can block your car without crashing.
So it's a little bit frustrating. And more : you can't "Leave your car" to see your race value. You can only hit restart.
New release : A-Kart Paperboy -Wanna help ? Click !

My previous games : Candy RubiX MatchUp - War Of Wizards - Memory Temple
Mip

Postby e.r. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Mip wrote:In fact, this is not specially difficult.

Perhaps because it's not obvious that they are neverending roads. So, when we succeed in a very good run we think "I do not end this level ?! Strange !" and make the game seem difficult.

We don't know clearly what is our objective to go further : make figures or be a mommy driver.

You peraps should make a limited road and as an objectif : impress your kid making stunts.

Physics is good, UI perfect but there is too much different objectives, so we have the impression to always "loose".
(I say that, but I make exactly the same error again and again).

The big deal is that road blocks can block your car without crashing.
So it's a little bit frustrating. And more : you can't "Leave your car" to see your race value. You can only hit restart.

Thank for the feedback :D
Aha I see that the Achievements are not clear, although they have their own section on the main menu, but:

- Isn't it clear, the button with the achievement icon? and and at the end of the race when you crash it tells you with a RED TEXT no achievements unlocked or with a GREEN text with a chime sound effect that you have cleared an objective. I thought the first time a user crashes the end scene will be a perfect hint for him to check the challenges that needs to be unlocked.
Is there an icon for objectives/challenges different that the achievements icon?

- The first car is difficult to handle I might increase the wheel size so that it stop hanging. ( I noticed the hanging and I thought it would be challenging for the user to memorize the pieces of the random tracks and then improve his driving skills. As each car has different handling, for example: the electric pod is FWD so all your driving techniques and skills must change to adapt to the front wheel drive train. )
e.r.

Postby e.r. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 pm

And no don't change your comment : ) it wasn't based on your feedback only. I got 7 users now had "Hard" as a first impression. And having that as a first impression might be not good. As it was the same with my previous game (so paranoiaaaaa :lol: ).
e.r.

Postby Mip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:14 pm

e.r. wrote:- Isn't it clear, the button with the achievement icon? and and at the end of the race when you crash it tells you with a RED TEXT no achievements unlocked or with a GREEN text with a chime sound effect that you have cleared an objective. I thought the first time a user crashes the end scene will be a perfect hint for him to check the challenges that needs to be unlocked.
Is there an icon for objectives/challenges different that the achievements icon?

The achievements are clear. But in games, achievements is often the second objective if you are "addict". The first objective in your game is one of these :
- Earn mass money
Or
- Run on a long distance
And in your case, It's the distance, but it's not clear I think. You need to congrats the player perhaps : "Nice run ! New best : 450m" with fireworks if he beats his own score or something.

e.r. wrote:- The first car is difficult to handle I might increase the wheel size so that it stop hanging. ( I noticed the hanging and I thought it would be challenging for the user to memorize the pieces of the random tracks and then improve his driving skills. As each car has different handling, for example: the electric pod is FWD so all your driving techniques and skills must change to adapt to the front wheel drive train. )

I'm agree for memorize road blocks it's fun ! but to make this possible give more hints. As in MeeNoo's Bad roads : you have particular trees, or cactus or graveyard or everything else to remember "Oh yes, here is the bad block".
Last edited by Mip on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New release : A-Kart Paperboy -Wanna help ? Click !

My previous games : Candy RubiX MatchUp - War Of Wizards - Memory Temple
Mip

Postby smartus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:17 pm

e.r. wrote:And no don't change your comment : ) it wasn't based on your feedback only. I got 7 users now had "Hard" as a first impression. And having that as a first impression might be not good. As it was the same with my previous game (so paranoiaaaaa :lol: ).

Hard is not bad. Remember flappy bird :) BTW is the travelled distance correct? It feels like I am going twice as far as the number shows :)
smartus

Postby smartus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:18 pm

And in your case, It's the distance, but it's not clear I think. You need to congrats the player perhaps : "Nice run ! New best : 450m" with fireworks if he beats his own score or something.

yeah, that would help :) Maybe pop up the message during the drive and keep counting!
smartus

Next

Return to Projects & Project-Development Blogs