[RELEASED] Reckless Stunts - Racing Game

... announce your new project or blog about the development of your project.

Re: [RELEASED] Reckless Stunts - Racing Game

Postby smartus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Also I saw you are using twitter... You must use hashtags to promote your game. I think Saturday is #screenshotsaturday. If you are talking about yourself, use #gamedev. #indiegame or #androidgame is ok, but pretty weak. #Android is totally overused. #dirtbike could work in your case. Don't use more than 2 at once though. I found things like:

My #dirtbike game for Android - Reckless stunts #screenshotsaturday http://googleplaystorelink [add picture]

Each tweet like that should get you a couple of followers and maybe some installs :) But of course, it's all hard work!
smartus

Postby e.r. » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:13 pm

Thanks a lot for the tip! I am planning a gameTip everyday so let's see where this goes.
Actually my twitter account was linked to Facebook and I never used it, it is one week since I am on the twitter discovering the whole thing...

/*
I just find 140 character too short, they should have it 140 character and another place to have like 1 link (limited) and 3 tags (limited). I posted the last pic chewed the tagsout
*/

-->Warning dummy Q: Can't a tweet be edited?
e.r.

Postby e.r. » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Here's an interesting marketing observation.

Below is a table with the status of the websites/forums for review that I contacted previously when marketing sugar mosnter. The list was collected and filtered mainly from this blog link.

When I was marketing sugar monster, the list (which I have filtered these two days) was valid, most website replied and forums had pretty decent visitors. Now as of today, look at the list :
Black = Website / Forum Dead
Orange = Contacted them they seems alive ( based on website / social media )
Yellow/RED = They turned blackhat, cracked APK and other bullshit, so I am hesitating to contact them again.

In a matter of 5 month half of the webpages are dead. Leaving less opened doors for this type of marketing (Review Websites / Forums).

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (79.81 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

* The text is not visible, because I might be mistaken about a website...and I don't want any trouble :roll: , but you can fetch 95% of them from the link above
e.r.

Postby valka » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:06 pm

good work e.r !
if you want to get rid of that squeezing of the terrain surface then PM me, I've made a solution for that:
valka

Postby smartus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 am

I am playing this game quite long already and I am still not able to purchase better car. Maybe I am just bad in racing games, but the feeling of no achievment is not good :)

I got used to the tilting controls in these games and now it feels a bit strange that I have to let go and press pedal again.

Also I managed to unlock an achievment, but it did not tell me immediately which one and I had to go to main menu...
smartus

Postby e.r. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:42 am

smartus wrote:I am playing this game quite long already and I am still not able to purchase better car. Maybe I am just bad in racing games, but the feeling of no achievment is not good :)

I got used to the tilting controls in these games and now it feels a bit strange that I have to let go and press pedal again.

Also I managed to unlock an achievment, but it did not tell me immediately which one and I had to go to main menu...

Planned update next weekend, still two days feedback and stats collection.

smartus wrote:Also I managed to unlock an achievement, but it did not tell me immediately which one and I had to go to main menu...

There is a shortcut from the end scene to the achievement scene, and it is on a "technical" and "economical"purpose ;) if you look at the top left you will understand ;)
e.r.

Postby e.r. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks you for all the feedback, here are some of the fixes in V1.2
- Easier Game play, it is now more easy to collect coins
- Faster stunts triggers and the Fuel cells now gives you 1000 coins at each pickup
- Stunts now show their current count next to the coin amount being won
- More info on distances/records at the end of a round
- Fixed the "Black Horse": Bigger Wheels, more torque
- Fixed the "Crocodile" and "Hot Rod" : No more crashes on rear bumper's hit
- Added help at the beginning of the game (new users only)

The above will help the user get going faster while still keeping a challenging aspect in further levels.
e.r.

Postby e.r. » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Update version 1.3: Promotion.
Promo code are now available, code is "7WINGS7", you win 750 000 coins

Download Link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... racinggame

How To Enter Promo Code (scroll the image):
promoCodes.jpg
promoCodes.jpg (222.11 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
e.r.

Previous