China ???

... announce your new project or blog about the development of your project.

Re: China ???

Postby jaym » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 am

Just a simple email request to lenovo support. Thought the details might be of interest to others here though. Enjoy.

Hi Lenovo support,

The publisher of these illegal copies on your mobile market goes by the name of "ivy-xin", whom has a total of 13,701 stolen applications to their name. Now, I'd only ended up checking for company applications/games, but I can say that I'd only found one of our games and that single game was repackaged for the purpose of monitoring the user's device. I can only assume that the remaining 13,700 have been repackaged as well.

Are these types of situations simply disregarded by Lenovo; that one application publisher might have developed 13,701 games over the span of just a few years? Is there no flagging system when a single publisher releases, for example, 20 applications in 1 week, or even 20 applications in a year, that their account should be investigated?

I hope to see this publishers account shut down if possible, and if not, at least have our game removed from the market.

Have a good day.

Thanks,
Jayme Schroeder
AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook - Based on AndEngine's latest, greatest, GLES2.0 AnchorCenter branch!
jaym

Postby Primadawn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 am

...has 3 illegal copies of it :twisted: Hey I guess that's the new benchmark for knowing just how popular your game is... see how many illegal copies of it exist in the Lenovo store :evil: :cry:

I call your 3 illegal copies and raise another 4 :?
I found 7 different versions from 3 different "publishers" :o :o :o
Justin with 13,752 apps
wangxinqi678 - with 13,641 apps
xxx - with 912 apps (amateur... :lol: )
Primadawn

Postby Ungaze » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 am

Justin with 13,752 apps
wangxinqi678 - with 13,641 apps
xxx - with 912 apps (amateur... )

lol, maybe he's just starting out.
Ungaze

Postby zeljkoa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:31 am

I wont even bother writing them. If I'm not mistaken China doesn't have a law against copyright. I'm sure there are tons of hacked games on other chinese markets too.

Uploading your own won't help you, because some of them change the name of the package (at least that's what they did for one of my games).
Some have additional ads (notifications along with my admob ads), others are totaly screwed up. For instance, one of my game now runs in portrait mode instead of in landscape :? .

They may even change the name and the icon thus making it impossible for you to find it.
I'll just leave it as it is. They probably don't generate much revenue anyway. If I make 1 - 3c per click on AdMob, they must be getting 10 times less.
Get Run 'em over on Google Play!
zeljkoa

Postby fatal » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 am

Could someone give me a link for the lenovo store? I would like to check it :)

My game is not so popular so maybe there is no illegal copy of it.

Edit.: And I found it and it's uploaded of course, but still an old version.. At least they're not modified it. My name is still in the about box, and the package name didn't changed as well.
Last edited by fatal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
fatal

Postby zeljkoa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:38 am

fatal,

Check the 3rd (RealMayo's) post. http://www.lenovomm.com/appstore/html/index.html.
Get Run 'em over on Google Play!
zeljkoa

Postby skunktrader » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:19 am

I enjoy Google's translation of the description of my Andengine powered app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skunktrading.android.gasattack
I said
"The object of the game is simple:
Using a catapult, shoot a cork into each cow's mouth and butt to stop it from expelling nasty fumes."

http://www.lenovomm.com/appstore/html/pcAppDetailV0929.html?10662533
According to google translate, thykiss123 said
"The gas attack is a classic shooter game, the purpose of the game is simple: slingshot shooting a cork to stop it is get rid of dirty smoke into each cow ass. I hope you will like the game."

The version they are hosting is very old but unmodified
skunktrader

Postby jaym » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

As RealMayo mentioned, they are rather quick to take action. Send them an email requesting that they remove all copies of your application from their store (Lenovo).

It appears as though they had deleted the publisher's account as well, but I'm not positive about that.
AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook - Based on AndEngine's latest, greatest, GLES2.0 AnchorCenter branch!
jaym

Postby RealMayo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 pm

So they actually removed your games jaym? They still haven't done anything about mine :evil:
RealMayo

Postby jaym » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm

They did remove mine from the store.

I tried searching "traktor digger", but no results came up. Maybe they purge the market on a weekly basis?
jaym

PreviousNext

Return to Projects & Project-Development Blogs