Hello, since my game will be quite big (so also a lot of levels required, I decided to write tool which will make it more easy to handle, at beginning I have been using Nicolas's level editor, but since he didn't want to share his newest version, and his test version was quite limited (I completely understand it, and I have no grief, he did so much already for us) That's why i'm making tool more complex (and more suitable for my needs) where making levels/maps is REALLY simple.
I haven't decided yet if I will share/sell it or what ever, since its still not fully done, but most important parts are completed, little description:
- you can specify map size
- you can specify tile/grid size
- you can drag & drop your tiles/images into special window
- you simply have to select tile (image) you want use, and press specified part of the map (really easy..
- you can save created level in xml format which is supported by AndEngine (check xml level loader example)
- you can add your own attributes to the tiles (so you can use them latter in code)
And here's screen showing while grid is disabled:
And here's screen showing more or less how does in game output may look (not the same level ofc)
Still in development/not done yet:
- not fully done proper loading already created levels
- some fixes still required
- more options, such as angles and maybe some more interested in future