What are change sets for?

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

What are change sets for?

Postby dorasoft » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 am

Hello,

I'm new to Google Code, so I wonder why Nicolas always posts change sets instead of new compiled jar file, since we can't edit the old compiled jar. How can I update these change sets into the library? I usually delete all the old AndEngine Example folder then use hg to re-down them, because the "hg update" command always return 0 file updated.

Thanks.
Last edited by dorasoft on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dorasoft

Re: What are change sets for?

Postby Duiker101 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 am

i can't tell for sure because i'm not an expert of mercurial but maybe this two links can help

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ChangeSet
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Under ... gMercurial
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
Duiker101

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi

dorasoft wrote: Nikolai always post change sets instead of new compiled jar file, since we can't edit the old compiled jar.

Btw nobody misspelled my name as "Nikolai" yet :lol:
As it looks like you have some knowledge of SVN, I try to explain it in SVN terms. A changeset is nothing different from a revision in SVN. You don't even need to compile it yourself, as you can use AndEngine as a Android Library Project!
dorasoft wrote:How can I update these change sets into the library? I usually delete all the old AndEngine Example folder then use hg to re-down them, because the "hg update" command always return 0 file updated.

What you are looking for is the "hg pull" command, which is similar to svn update. After doing a "hg pull", which pulls the revisions from the supplied repository, you use "hg update" to get the latest revision into your working copy (the files you actually use and which are outside of the ".hg" folder.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Postby dorasoft » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Sorry about the misspelling of your name, that's the biggest mistake I've ever made!

And, thank you for your explaination, it helped me a lot :) Happy coding :D !
dorasoft

Postby dorasoft » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:37 am

Hi Nicolas,

I'm using AndEngine as library project, so I can update them easily. But problem come when I want to share my project. Can I make the compiled JAR file myself? Or I have to wait for you to upload it?

Best Regard,
Minh Dat.
dorasoft

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:23 am

Hi,
dorasoft wrote:Hi Nicolas,

I'm using AndEngine as library project, so I can update them easily. But problem come when I want to share my project. Can I make the compiled JAR file myself? Or I have to wait for you to upload it?

Best Regard,
Minh Dat.

sure, you can "Export..." it directly from Eclipse.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Postby dorasoft » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi,

Can I make the compiled JAR file myself?

I don't mean asking you how to do it, just to make sure I'm allowed to do so. Sorry but I don't know which license AndEngine is using.

By the way, according to your answer, I can freely do anything I need with AndEngine source, right?

Best Regard,
Minh Dat.
dorasoft

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:58 pm

dorasoft wrote:Hi,

Can I make the compiled JAR file myself?

I don't mean asking you how to do it, just to make sure I'm allowed to do so. Sorry but I don't know which license AndEngine is using.

By the way, according to your answer, I can freely do anything I need with AndEngine source, right?

Best Regard,
Minh Dat.

If requested you have to make the changes you make to AndEngine itself public.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to OFF-Topic