Swarm Connect

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

Swarm Connect

Postby digiw0rx » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I'd just like to post on my experiences with Swarm so far!

Swarm Connect (http://swarmconnect.com/) Is an up and coming "extension" for a lack of a better term, for all your android application needs!

I finished implementing Swarm into my application last night, and i must say the integration was so simple, anyone could it!

By following there easy to use guide on the website, i was up and running in 10-15 minutes, and test scores on my game were being uploaded each and every time (Unlike the very buggy Open Feint, which 9/10 times gave me a 502 error)

It also allows you to use achievements in your game, which i personally feel is what has made Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 titles even more popular, people love to get all the achievements they can, and get the highest one. to show off to there mates. It'll certainly add much more longevity to your games. by people wanting to come back again and again to get those achievements.

Both the leaderboards, and achievements are easy to set up, a single method for each allows you to create a callback to "download" the leaderboard information. from there its absolutely simple to post scores, and unlock achievements with a single/few lines of code!

Swarm also allows you to use an online store, if your game requires. allowing your users to make purchases within your game, whats even better than that though, though the Swarm Dashboard you can find many other titles with Swarm enabled. if i user launches the dashboard from your app, downloads another app. and also spends money on there. you receive a percentage in referral bonuses!

I have only got as far as implementing leaderboards, achievements, and setting up callbacks. But i must say these processes were all very simple.

Nothing about Swarm is complicated. But don't let that fool you! its a very powerful tool for any developer!
So i can highly recommend implementing within your futures games!

digiw0rx signing out!
digiw0rx

Re: Swarm Connect

Postby impactdni » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Glad to hear from a fellow developer that Swarm has worked out well :).
impactdni

Postby Niffy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:37 am

Never knew such a service existed!
Thanks for that, I'll bookmark that!
Niffy

Postby Mathew » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Looks really good, I think it will be the one I will use in my game ;)
Mathew

Postby ivascaflavius » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 pm

I used it as well in my first Android game and I am very happy with it. I like it because it is lightweight, easy to use but still powerful and feature filled.

In case you are curious:
Here is my game: Zap The Ghost on Google Play :controller:
ivascaflavius

Postby mamuso » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm really thinking of moving to swarm. I'm pretty tired of OF connection issues and their iPhone centered development.
I'll give it a try today, and if it is so damn easy and just works, I'll eventually change in the next update.
mamuso

Postby mamuso » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

It works like a f###ing charm. I'm in.
mamuso

Return to OFF-Topic