support guarenteed? :)

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

support guarenteed? :)

Postby veedoo » Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 am

Guys, I have just started playing with AndEngine and I really like it - I have just one doubt I'd like to have your opinion on. Nicolas - I'd love to hear your voice here if you only find some time :)

Once I start with AE I'll be tied to it very tightly - what is your feeling of the future? What are the chances the project won't get gave up pretty soon (as many others like that?). I know it's pretty straight question... :)

BTW - I know there's no documentation :( - anybody found any decent javadoc or so? How do you handle cases when you cannot find examples\tutorials and still need to handle something? Just going through the AE code?

Please help.
Veedoo
veedoo

Re: support guarenteed? :)

Postby BenjaminJC » Fri May 20, 2011 10:11 am

One of the beautiful things about Android is that the open nature of things allows projects (even if they are abandoned) to be easily revived by an active community. I'm sure that AndEngine has a strong future, so don't worry too much about support.
Get in the loop.
Scoreloop
My Twitter (sounds dirty)
BenjaminJC

Re: support guarenteed? :)

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Sat May 21, 2011 11:55 am

veedoo wrote:Once I start with AE I'll be tied to it very tightly - what is your feeling of the future? What are the chances the project won't get gave up pretty soon (as many others like that?). I know it's pretty straight question... :)

It definitely won't :) (It's more a question of how much of my time I'll put into it)

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to OFF-Topic