OBJ Files in AngEngine

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

OBJ Files in AngEngine

Postby reaphavok » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 am

I am looking for a good way to load OBJ files into a live wallpaper service and honestly have been having a hell of a time finding a way to parse the data. Min3D does a very good job of this but unfortunately my knowledge is still limited in how I would be able to use their routines in a wallpaper service. The problems keep stemming from context references. I have tried modifying the andengine live wallpaper extension to no avail as well as the example on the web GLWallpaperService and I have been unable to get anything working.

What I am asking I guess is have any of you successfully done this or is there native code buried in andengine somewhere that will allow me to do this?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
reaphavok

Re: OBJ Files in AngEngine

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:49 am

Hi,

isn't the OBJ format for 3D Objects :?:

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Postby reaphavok » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 am

Nicolas Gramlich wrote:Hi,

isn't the OBJ format for 3D Objects :?:

Best Regards,
Nicolas

indeed :lol: I wanted to reach out to you guys to see if there was any type of implementation since although a 3D drawing object it could be manipulated in a 2 Dimensional manner within an app without having to use a lot of shading and what-not to create depth(in a sprite). Honestly just having a hard time finding the answer I'm looking for so figured maybe one of you guys had worked with something similar.
reaphavok

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi,

while it is technically possible to implement this, I don't see a specific need for this.
It would kind of be similar to the Rectangle class, with different Buffers ofc.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to OFF-Topic