New phone suggestion!

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

New phone suggestion!

Postby Duiker101 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Like every time i have to buy a new phoe or something expensive i'm going crazy... i do not want apple anymore, i hate it... so i want a an android, at christmass i bought a very cheap Ideos, and i loved it, so i want a better android now...
on ebay there is a 339€ nexus s(trusted seller) but i'm afraid it will get old pretty quick since it's already half year old...
i'm tempted from the optimus dual/3d.. also the galaxy s II and htc sensation are cool but too expensive...

Any suggestion?
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
Duiker101

Re: New phone suggestion!

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi,

I'm not so much the one that knows much about phones, but the Galaxy S II has pretty kick-ass performance.
If they ironed out the last bugs on the Optimus 3D, battery life is not super important to you and you have big hands (huge screen!) and it is in your price range, I could recommend that to you too.

Also keep in mind that very few phones have NFC, which might become very annoying in the future (depending on how you want to actively use it).

The Nexus S is probably also not a bad choice, especially because it is a "Google" device and will get updates sooner than later.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Postby cybaker » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi:
I've got an LG Optimus V (Virgin mobile) that uses the Sprint network. I've had it for 3 months. Everything I've run from these forums, and from the marketplace, have run quite successfully on my Optimus. A few times a day the phone will stutter when trying to synchronize while playing a game, but no crashes. It's only running a 600MHz Arm, but has graphics acceleration.

You want inexpensive? $150 in the US, no contract. Pay as you go or with what I use, Beyond Talk. At $25/mo, you can get 300 minutes with unlimited 3G data and texting. I use their $40 plan, 1200 minutes and unlimited data and text. Using it's WiFi, I get a full day's moderate use. 3G eats power and will drain the 1500mA battery in 10 hours without use.

LG's Optimus is available with other carriers, too.

You can't beat that anywhere IMO. Unless, of course, your Sprint coverage is poor:)
cybaker

Postby ajimmyadams » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:22 pm

i agree with Duiker101!
ajimmyadams

Postby kustrle » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:32 pm

ajimmyadams wrote:i agree with Duiker101!

What part of his post you agree with?
kustrle

Return to OFF-Topic