Marketing Techniques?

try{ getFittingBoard(new Topic()); }
catch (Exception e) { postHere() };

Marketing Techniques?

Postby pep_dj » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:00 am

Hello.

Releasing a game and publish on android market is not enough to get a lot of downloads. What marketing techniques do you think we can use?

There are some of them:
- Use nice graphics
- Ask bloggers (and "twitters") about publishing a review of your game
- Post your new game in android game forums

What techniques do you use? free techniques? paid techniques? tell us please
pep_dj

Re: Marketing Techniques?

Postby KierenH » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Personally, when my game is closer to release I'll be creating a mini-site with a countdown etc. and will aim to build as much interest in the game as possible, through the use of trailers on youtube, advertising on forums, game review/preview sites etc.

I will also release the game at a 'special offer' price for the first 1-2 weeks of release.

There's a number of things you can do to increase interest, it's just quite difficult to make your app stand out among the hundreds of apps that are released daily nowadays.
PK Guy Sidescroller Development Blog: http://www.kierenhughes.com
KierenH

Postby pep_dj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

KierenH wrote:Personally, when my game is closer to release I'll be creating a mini-site with a countdown etc. and will aim to build as much interest in the game as possible, through the use of trailers on youtube, advertising on forums, game review/preview sites etc.

I will also release the game at a 'special offer' price for the first 1-2 weeks of release.

There's a number of things you can do to increase interest, it's just quite difficult to make your app stand out among the hundreds of apps that are released daily nowadays.

Thanks for your reply KierenH ;)
pep_dj

Postby coheed90 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Those are great ideas but they are all easier said than done. How bout creating your blog and post your new updates about your game?
coheed90

Postby ShaneBro » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Some of the techniques for Internet Marketing are : Forum Commenting, Blog Commenting, Article Submission, Directory Submission, Social Bookmarking, Classified Submission.
ShaneBro

Postby Lokiare » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:19 am

Put a link to your game in the signature of all of your forum accounts. Then post on topic-posts in many different big forums. It also raises your Google ranking because there are many links to your site...
Lokiare

Postby sij » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Twitter, Facebook, Bebo, every social network you can get your hands on. try and get in gaming magazines, online blogs, if you have something new innovative or amazing try and get on the news, word of mouth is awesome, give your game to friends, if you are in a sporting club or martial arts group give it to them as well, look for forums like this and websites for gamers and you can put your game on there as inspiration and help for other programmers etc.. there are so many ways, your imagination is your limit :)
sij

Postby appN2o » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:56 pm

The marketing techniques depend on the application or any product. For example, if you want to do marketing for you app, you should go with different technques like market research, app store optimisation and many more.
Are you looking for the Mobile App Marketing Company, Services? AppN2O.com becomes one stop solution for the App Marketing and App Store Optimization.
appN2o

Return to OFF-Topic