Source Code of the Multiplayer Extension

... the Multiplayer Extension for AndEngine.

Source Code of the Multiplayer Extension

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 am

Hello Community,

the Source Code of the Multiplayer Extension is located here:

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Re: Source Code of the Multiplayer Extension

Postby kennguyen_bkpro » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Nicolas Gramlich,

I'm a student in Vietnam and I'm also an amateur android developer. Thank you for developing AndEngine. It's very useful with me. I can do my idea and develop some small interesting android game much more easily.

This term, my teacher requires me to make a distributed software and I decide make an android distributed software with AndEngine. This software is a model of aquarium. Supposing I have some Android devices, I will choose a device to become the server and the others will become clients. All of it will be connected and jointed to become only one aquarium. Each device is a part of aquarium. If the fish swims out of this device, it will appear and swim into next device.

I've done the demo of the app very well with the help of AndEngineMultiplayerExtension. The teacher asks me that what model and protocol I used in this distributed software. And I answer that I used AndEngine with socket connection in my app (Because I view source code of Extension). My teacher supposes that socket connection don't represent for a distributed software and requires me make a software with some distributed model like JMS, RMI or RPC. I believe socket connection is a lower level than those distributed model. But my teacher doesn't accept me to work with it. I must work with a higher level model than socket connection.

So, the questions I want to ask you are:

- What is the difference between JMS and AndEngineMultiplayerExtension (about protocol, the way to connect and send message..., I think they have some same point!)?

- Can I tell to my teacher that AndEngine use a model that higher level than socket connection? And how to prove that?

I search some diagrams like class diagrams and sequence diagrams of the connection model of AndEngineMultiplayerExtendsion on Internet, but I can't find them. Will you supply them to me?

Thank you very much.

I expect your reply, that will help me very much!
kennguyen_bkpro

Return to Multiplayer