Sprites databse

... share graphics with the community.

Sprites databse

Postby Duiker101 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

Huge ripped sprites databse: http://sdb.drshnaps.com

*LICENSE WARNING*
All game characters, graphics, sounds, and other materials are property of their original creators and copyright holders, and are provided here for private or non-commercial use.
"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire
Duiker101

Re: Sprites databse

Postby AlexNunn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 pm

These sites always scare me. If they don't own the artwork, and all they did was rip it from the original games: aren't sites like this illegal? I would think, without them getting permission, all they've done is violated copyright laws.

I guess you could prototype with them, but for your own sake, don't ever upload your prototype anywhere. Who knows what kind of legal trouble you could find yourself in.

Unless I'm way off. Anyone know for sure?
AlexNunn

Postby AlexNunn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Maybe I should note: In the USA, it's still illegal to use copyrighted material for non-commercial use without permission.
AlexNunn

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi,

I often prototype with sprites I don't know the copyright of (potentially "illegal"), simply because it wouldn't be a prototype anymore if I'd spend most of the time painting the graphics. Also I rather take such sprites instead of incredibly crappy ones, simply because it gives me a better idea of what it would look like in the end.

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to Graphics