[Free] Custom Graphics

... share graphics with the community.

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby IFL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I've had very little time to work on anything. Continuing for a few hours today...
eddross wrote:Hi IFL,
Hi, I have a larger version of the image sent to you via PM. The only reason it's small as that is the size it will be in the app.
Sorry its not PNG, I presume you can sort that being an expert ;)
I also have two other colours, that I require to have the popping animation. I have attached them in the zip file that I have PM'ed to you. I hope you can just replicate the effect easily, which is why I am asking you to do them, if not I will try and do it myself after I have seen one!
With regard to the other effects I asked for I have attached the balloons to another zip file (emailing tomorrow), I request that you keep them private, however the others you can release.
As I say the blue one requires a glowing animation like it has some information inside, a white glow.
The red, a danger effect, effectively a "bad" balloon.

I should have the set completed by tomorrow.

E-To-The-Man wrote:I would like to make a request if you are still taking them, I am making a action tower defense game and need some sprites walking right to left with a hitman design. Also one or two backgrounds to use, attached is a design I have been working on but it just doesn't seem to pop. Thanks a lot.

Sorry, but I cannot currently take any more requests. I'm having difficulties finding enough time to do the requests that I've agreed to doing.

tbaker wrote:These images are awesome. thanks alot.

It was my pleasure. Thanks for the patience.

rf1982 wrote:Perfect, that was exactly what I want! If you have time to make 'walking' sprites, perfect! In other case I will try to do it, but I'm an awful artist! :lol:

I have the walking somewhat completed (not fixed up or optimized), but I'm not happy with it. I need to actually animate a slight side-to-side twisting motion to show that the android is doing more than just moving its arms. Do you plan on the android running or walking? I ask because that determines how much twist to apply.

reeegiii wrote:To the one who made the walking android, how do you do this? Photoshop?
Also how do you make it without the rectangular borders? Because when i get some images from the net there's a border that's included in the image so when I try to put it as a sprite there's always a white background of the image.

I own all of adobe's tools, but I hate most of them. I really despise photoshop. I not going to mention my reasons for hating it because I don't want to offend anyone. For the running android, I used Inkscape. It's like Illustrator, but it's easier and sometimes quicker. If anyone wants to know about tools, I own/use a lot.
Making it without the rectangular borders is just a plus side to the png format. It supports 256 levels of transparency so the content-borders have have a slight fading off. Is that what you're talking about with the borders?
IFL

Postby E-To-The-Man » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks so much, no rush. If you don't mind I would like to know a little more about how you do it. Like you I really despise photoshop, I mainly use Illustrator but I can't get the look I would like. What tools along with inkskape would you suggest to use for creating the images.
E-To-The-Man

Postby reeegiii » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:01 pm

I have my friends that's great in drawing on paper. They will draw for me but they don't know how to do this animations. Like what you did with the walking android.
reeegiii

Postby IFL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:14 pm

E-To-The-Man wrote:Thanks so much, no rush. If you don't mind I would like to know a little more about how you do it. Like you I really despise photoshop, I mainly use Illustrator but I can't get the look I would like. What tools along with inkskape would you suggest to use for creating the images.

For my long-term project (which has a dark/grunge atmosphere), I haven't used inkscape for anything but menu items and mock-up design. Most of my raster graphics are done in PaintShopPro 8 (I have the newer ones, but they are bloated thanks to Corel). For anything with perspective, I draft it in SketchUp before taking it into inkscape. For advanced 3d stuff, I model and render using something more powerful. A cheap (but great) renderer is FireFly, which comes with Poser. And Blender is awesome at modeling after you spend the many many hours to learn it, but I haven't been too happy with its rendering capabilities.

reeegiii wrote:I have my friends that's great in drawing on paper. They will draw for me but they don't know how to do this animations. Like what you did with the walking android.

For the walking android, I separated the image into groups (body, arms, legs) and key-framed the animation (first, middle, and last frames). Then, I interpolated the key-frames. It's really not difficult, but sometimes time consuming.
IFL

Postby E-To-The-Man » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Ahhh ok, thanks for the info.
E-To-The-Man

Postby rf1982 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:34 am

Hello! I plan that it walks simply. Robot will only have one velocity at all :D

Many thanks for all
rf1982

Postby Mathew » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:26 pm

--- post may be deleted.
Mathew

Postby IFL » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 am

I'll no longer be offering free graphics. Sorry. Here's the last bit that I'll be sharing: (let me know if you want the svg for them)
Folders_GameMenu.png
Folders_GameMenu.png (217.25 KiB) Viewed 888 times

A button and its highlighted state:
MenuButton1.png
MenuButton1.png (23.22 KiB) Viewed 888 times
MenuButton1_Select.png
MenuButton1_Select.png (24.9 KiB) Viewed 888 times
IFL

Postby niohoggr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I have some technical questions regarding 2d graphics in android. I saw that the animation made in this thread is a .gif file. Can an android app, more precisely a game play a frame or groups of frames from a gif as reaction to an event? Or another question, is it practical to use it like that? (to use gifs and their frames) Or just use pictures, still and move those? (ie. make whole new frames for all event in different files?)
niohoggr

Postby IFL » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:25 pm

niohoggr wrote:I have some technical questions regarding 2d graphics in android. I saw that the animation made in this thread is a .gif file. Can an android app, more precisely a game play a frame or groups of frames from a gif as reaction to an event?
The GIF format isn't supported by andengine. All but 3 of the animations that I have created for andengine are done in PNG format as a tiled-texture-set. If you're fluent with Java, check out the Animated Sprite Example. Using an AnimatedSprite, you can play one frame, a set of frames, or random frames in reaction to pretty much any event.

niohoggr wrote:Or another question, is it practical to use it like that? (to use gifs and their frames) Or just use pictures, still and move those? (ie. make whole new frames for all event in different files?)
I think you should look into the AnimatedSprite or TiledSprite. If you still have questions, PM me.
IFL

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics