[Free] Custom Graphics

  ... share graphics with the community.

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby vlab22 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:10 am

iFL, thanks for your post.

I have a request,
Browsing http://opengameart.org I've found some great free sprites.
The best for me was Clint Bellanger works.

The zombie in his portfolio is nice.

Tiled Animation (here):
Image

Blender file: http://opengameart.org/content/zombie-0

My request for you are other zombies like this... Maybe with some ragged clothes, others more fat, with a policeman suite etc. As many as you can do :D
vlab22
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:10 am

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby IFL » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

eddross wrote:Might be pushing it, but I could also do with a glowing effect on another balloon. And another danger effect on another balloon. let me know if you can do these as well.

Will do.

rf1982 wrote:Don't worry, we know that you may not have enought time

rf1982 wrote:Not sure if you understand me ... sorry for my english.

Thanks for being conscious of my time. See the end of this post for details. And I understand you perfectly - your English is quite good :!:

vlab22 wrote:My request for you are other zombies like this... Maybe with some ragged clothes, others more fat, with a policeman suite etc. As many as you can do :D

I don't think I can do that given my free time... :oops: Each character would take about 20 to 25 hours of work not including rendering and post-render touch-ups. See below.

@Everyone: I stopped working as a freelancer a couple of days ago (after finishing all contracts), and I start my new job soon. I started this thread out of boredom caused by not enough work, but now I'll be working 7am-6pm Monday-Friday. The bad news is that I probably won't be able to do much more free graphics or even much game development. The good news is that I'll be making 6 figures :D . With all of these changes formulating in the past week, I apologize for not being able to continue with more requests. I will complete the requests that I've already agreed to, and I'll probably release some new stuff for the community. If anyone has any questions, I'll be checking in regularly until I finish the current requests.
User avatar
IFL
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 am

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby eddross » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:10 am

IFL wrote:
eddross wrote:Might be pushing it, but I could also do with a glowing effect on another balloon. And another danger effect on another balloon. let me know if you can do these as well.

Will do.

rf1982 wrote:Don't worry, we know that you may not have enought time

rf1982 wrote:Not sure if you understand me ... sorry for my english.

Thanks for being conscious of my time. See the end of this post for details. And I understand you perfectly - your English is quite good :!:

vlab22 wrote:My request for you are other zombies like this... Maybe with some ragged clothes, others more fat, with a policeman suite etc. As many as you can do :D

I don't think I can do that given my free time... :oops: Each character would take about 20 to 25 hours of work not including rendering and post-render touch-ups. See below.

@Everyone: I stopped working as a freelancer a couple of days ago (after finishing all contracts), and I start my new job soon. I started this thread out of boredom caused by not enough work, but now I'll be working 7am-6pm Monday-Friday. The bad news is that I probably won't be able to do much more free graphics or even much game development. The good news is that I'll be making 6 figures :D . With all of these changes formulating in the past week, I apologize for not being able to continue with more requests. I will complete the requests that I've already agreed to, and I'll probably release some new stuff for the community. If anyone has any questions, I'll be checking in regularly until I finish the current requests.


Brilliant, you've made my day.

Congrats on the new job!
eddross
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby IFL » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Before I finish and post the requests, this is some of my tablet stuff that I'm not particularly proud of, but I figure someone could use. If anyone wants the vector (.svg) files or the pngs in better size/quality, let me know.

These first 2 images are from an in-game menu idea that I had. The menu was planned to be placed at the bottom-center of the screen. The player would "swipe" from the menu button to the menu item without having to lift their finger in the process. It seemed like a good idea for an action based game requiring a quick inventory or something. I never coded it, but it certainly wouldn't be difficult.
ingamemenu_closed.png
ingamemenu_closed.png (3.51 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
ingamemenu_open.png
ingamemenu_open.png (10.73 KiB) Viewed 2556 times


The next 2 images are of menu ideas for a kids' game. Both would have coded-animations. If someone wants these, I'll split up the vectors to make animation easy. Ignore the gear on the second image - it was for parental settings. Right-click on the images and view them directly to see them fully - this forum wasn't made for image sharing.
StageMenu.png
StageMenu.png (305.74 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
superhappyfuntime.png
superhappyfuntime.png (598.3 KiB) Viewed 2556 times


This final image is just a plain andengine badge. Nothing special about it...
andengine_badge.png
andengine_badge.png (30.74 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
User avatar
IFL
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 am

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby IFL » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:55 pm

eddross wrote:Brilliant, you've made my day.
Congrats on the new job!

Thanks! Is the image below like the balloon that you're using? I know you gave a pic, but it was tiny so I had to re-do it. Just let me know if it's close...
IFLBalloon.png
IFLBalloon.png (87.54 KiB) Viewed 2553 times


@tbaker: I couldn't figure out how to do the jumping as an animation, and I tried for too long before giving in with just a jumping frame. Here it is, amended to the end of the previous animation: (see attached for .svg)
andrunjump512.png
andrunjump512.png (49.76 KiB) Viewed 2553 times


@rf1982: Does the following picture look like what you want the top-down view to look like?
isthisright.png
isthisright.png (13.82 KiB) Viewed 2553 times




.
Attachments
andrunjump1024.zip
(18.49 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
User avatar
IFL
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 am

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby eddross » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi IFL,

Hi, I have a larger version of the image sent to you via PM. The only reason it's small as that is the size it will be in the app.

Sorry its not PNG, I presume you can sort that being an expert ;)

I also have two other colours, that I require to have the popping animation. I have attached them in the zip file that I have PM'ed to you. I hope you can just replicate the effect easily, which is why I am asking you to do them, if not I will try and do it myself after I have seen one!

With regard to the other effects I asked for I have attached the balloons to another zip file (emailing tomorrow), I request that you keep them private, however the others you can release.

As I say the blue one requires a glowing animation like it has some information inside, a white glow.

The red, a danger effect, effectively a "bad" balloon.
Last edited by eddross on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddross
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby E-To-The-Man » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

I would like to make a request if you are still taking them, I am making a action tower defense game and need some sprites walking right to left with a hitman design. Also one or two backgrounds to use, attached is a design I have been working on but it just doesn't seem to pop. Thanks a lot.
Attachments
backae.png
backae.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
E-To-The-Man
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby tbaker » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:26 am

These images are awesome. thanks alot.
tbaker
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby rf1982 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

Perfect, that was exactly what I want! If you have time to make 'walking' sprites, perfect! In other case I will try to do it, but I'm an awful artist! :lol:
rf1982
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Free] Custom Graphics

Postby reeegiii » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:36 am

To the one who made the walking android, how do you do this? Photoshop?

Also how do you make it without the rectangular borders? Because when i get some images from the net there's a border that's included in the image so when I try to put it as a sprite there's always a white background of the image.
reeegiii
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: soulmasterbn and 3 guests