Stop declaring the Vector2 class as final

... the case you feel the need for a new feature or want to submit one.

Stop declaring the Vector2 class as final

Postby adobo76 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:19 am

I would like to extend the Vector 2 class. There are many functions that I can think would be beneficial for vector calculations that vector2 does not cover. Declaring it as final makes it so that I can't extend it. Please remove the final declaration from this class.
adobo76

Re: Stop declaring the Vector2 class as final

Postby Br0ken » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 am

You could checkout the source code, write your code, compile the library and you'll be good to go. Also, if you clone the source on Google Code you could contribute to the engine, nicolas might want to include your useful functions.
Br0ken

Postby ichi » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Just a side note, the Vector2-class is written by the libgdx team I think but AndEngine uses it too:
https://code.google.com/p/libgdx/source ... java?r=406
ichi

Postby adobo76 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:06 am

Yes I could always make my own changes to the engine and recompile but the idea here would be that I wouldn't have to worry about distributing those files later. Since I don't modify anything in the engine I can keep my code totally separate from the engine there fore the requirements of the license are kept intact.
adobo76

Postby AlexNunn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:34 pm

adobo76 wrote:Yes I could always make my own changes to the engine and recompile but the idea here would be that I wouldn't have to worry about distributing those files later. Since I don't modify anything in the engine I can keep my code totally separate from the engine there fore the requirements of the license are kept intact.

Just modify the engine as a separate project, and the code won't mingle with your game. License should be intact at that point.
AlexNunn

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:55 am

Hi,

adobo76 wrote:... There are many functions that I can think would be beneficial for vector calculations that vector2 does not cover. ...

What are such functions you think that should be added :?:

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to Features