Pixel Perfect Collision Detection Extension

... the case you feel the need for a new feature or want to submit one.

Re: Pixel Perfect Collision Detection Extension

Postby makers-f » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:50 pm

makers-f

Postby GuilhE » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 pm

;)
GuilhE

Postby GuilhE » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi!

I'm using a PixelPerfectSprite and a Sprite and I want to change my PixelPerfectSprite "tile" when Sprite collides with it. Like a ButtonSprite.setEnable(false) changes it's tile, how can I achieve this behaviour with PixelPerfectSprite?

Thanks.
GuilhE

Postby ajezisajirava » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:32 pm

If this has not already been done, the compatbility of this extension with Anchorcenter branch is quite easily achievable. The BuildableBitmapTextureAtlas and BuildableTextureAtlas classes need small changes, and RectangularShape can be changed to IShape. If anyone has questions, I will post a detailed solution.
ajezisajirava

Postby makers-f » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Since the latest commits, the extension ONLY support anchorchenter version of AndEngine.

@GuilhE you can extends the class if you want and do with it what you need. All the methods for changing pixel perfect mask tiles should be public
makers-f

Postby Barks » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:06 pm

well done!
i tried for ages to find a way to ignore transparent pixels on collision to no avail and no answers, in the end i used an invisible line around all my ground shapes which took ages....

barks
Barks

Postby Dantel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:53 pm

makers-f wrote:Since the latest commits, the extension ONLY support anchorchenter version of AndEngine.

Why would you do that?
There are plenty of people and projects using the official version of AndEngine.
Come over to the new AndEngine forum! Don't stay here with all this spam.
andengine-community.com
(alternative domain still works: http://andengine.bbforum.co)
Dantel

Postby nazgee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm

nazgee wrote:There are plenty of people and projects using the official version of AndEngine

And the official version of andengine is ... guess what! GLES2-AnchorCenter! GLES2 is NOT supported anymore for much more than a year. GLES1 is not supported for much more than... two years?

I applaud such decission. There are definitely too many people sticking to GLES2 for no reason.
Dirt Rider Mayhem is PUBLISHED now!
nazgee

Postby Dantel » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:24 pm

nazgee wrote:
nazgee wrote:There are plenty of people and projects using the official version of AndEngine

And the official version of andengine is ... guess what! GLES2-AnchorCenter! GLES2 is NOT supported anymore for much more than a year. GLES1 is not supported for much more than... two years?

I applaud such decission. There are definitely too many people sticking to GLES2 for no reason.

Aha - I did not know that. Is there some official information regarding this? Edit: Found the information on the gitHub site :D. But kind of irritating that AC branch is not linked directly on the AE site.

When you go to the AndEngine site : http://www.andengine.org/
Click on source and to the gitHub link that you find there, you end up here: https://github.com/nicolasgramlich/AndEngine

This is not AC - is it?

Besides - I dont see why one would remove already working support. The very good reason to stick with GLES2 is havig projects which progress is too far to switch to another AE branch. Especially when there is no benefit from it for your project there is just no sense in doing all the porting work.
Come over to the new AndEngine forum! Don't stay here with all this spam.
andengine-community.com
(alternative domain still works: http://andengine.bbforum.co)
Dantel

Postby nazgee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:07 pm

You are right. It got messy since Nicolas is not involved full- time in AE.

Managing an extension is painful. Managing multiple branches even more. Since people are usually not interested in helping out I see no reason to do even more work for free. Plus if one needs to have code on a different branch all it takes is to port it ;)
Dirt Rider Mayhem is PUBLISHED now!
nazgee

PreviousNext

Return to Features