"More AndEngine Games" built into AndEngine

... the case you feel the need for a new feature or want to submit one.

"More AndEngine Games" built into AndEngine

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

I was just thinking if we should add sth like a possibility to have a "More AndEngine Games"-list built right into AndEngine.

This would be an fancy ListActivity that shows a list of "Popular" and "New" AndEngine games. That list would be feeded from XML over the internet. Every game made with AndEngine could register on a small website, supply anicon, a short description and a link to the Android Market. So its no separate market (hate such anyway) but just a 'window' to the Android Market showing on AndEngine-games/apps.

Let me all know what you think about this :)

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Re: "More AndEngine Games" built into AndEngine

Postby blandonfrank » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 pm

I personally think that this is a nice idea. Sometimes I want to know what others have developed with the engine, and would rather see it in a list on the phone rather than checking the projects threads.
So, go for it! :)
blandonfrank

Postby alex » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:35 am

a dynamic list seems like a good idea. Break the games up in type (i.e. strategy, puzzle, side scrolling, shoot'em up, etc). I can imagine putting an "other AndEngine Games" link on my main menu.

Note that I think it's important that the games in the list are of good quality - otherwise the gamer will get the impression that AndEngine is used to make bad games.
alex

Postby Nicolas Gramlich » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I agree, I'll probably make the projects "submit by mail" and not have a public front end. So we can keep the quality up.

But I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks :/ After that I'll give it a try :)

Best Regards,
Nicolas
Nicolas Gramlich
Site Admin

Return to Features