October 22, 2011
I just updated my ADT to the version 14 to play a little with Ice Cream Sandwich. I found to my dismay that ADT14 now treats libraries differently, all AndEngine Extensions are broken by default. Reverting to the repository doesn't work.
However I found a solution, which must be repeated with each extension:
1) delete the link to the AndEngine Source folder. (its the folder named AndEngine_src)
2) Right Click on the project, select "properties."
3) On "Java Build Path", make sure that only the "/gen" and "/src" folders are in the list. Delete the rest.
4) On "Android", on the lower part of the dialog, select "AndEngine", click "Remove" and click "Apply". THEN click "Add...", select "AndEngine", click "OK", and click "Apply" again.
5) Right Click on the extension and select "Refresh"
6) If "AndEngine" appears under "Library Projects" then you are good to go.
For the AndEngineExamples the procedure is similar. The only difference is that ALL links to the old libraries must be eliminated in steps 1, 3 and 4; and also you must add in step 4 all the extensions. If all the extensions appear under "Library Projects" then everything went well. Now erase the entire gen folder to force Eclipse to rebuild all the resource classes.
This instructios are only for reference, until BDFL
Nicholas can update the sources, then I hope everything will be sunshine and flowers again.
Regards from Panama!!!
Roberto E. Zubieta