Ice Cream Sandwich - Extensions Broken: solution

... in the unlikely case you discovered a bug, post it here.

Ice Cream Sandwich - Extensions Broken: solution

Postby zubietaroberto » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 pm

October 22, 2011

I just updated my ADT to the version 14 to play a little with Ice Cream Sandwich. I found to my dismay that ADT14 now treats libraries differently, all AndEngine Extensions are broken by default. Reverting to the repository doesn't work.

However I found a solution, which must be repeated with each extension:
1) delete the link to the AndEngine Source folder. (its the folder named AndEngine_src)
2) Right Click on the project, select "properties."
3) On "Java Build Path", make sure that only the "/gen" and "/src" folders are in the list. Delete the rest.
4) On "Android", on the lower part of the dialog, select "AndEngine", click "Remove" and click "Apply". THEN click "Add...", select "AndEngine", click "OK", and click "Apply" again.
5) Right Click on the extension and select "Refresh"
6) If "AndEngine" appears under "Library Projects" then you are good to go.

For the AndEngineExamples the procedure is similar. The only difference is that ALL links to the old libraries must be eliminated in steps 1, 3 and 4; and also you must add in step 4 all the extensions. If all the extensions appear under "Library Projects" then everything went well. Now erase the entire gen folder to force Eclipse to rebuild all the resource classes.

This instructios are only for reference, until BDFL Nicholas can update the sources, then I hope everything will be sunshine and flowers again.

Regards from Panama!!!

Roberto E. Zubieta
zubietaroberto

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich - Extensions Broken: solution

Postby zubietaroberto » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Forgot to add: The procedure to repair AndEngineExamples mut be applied to ALL your projects in your workspace for them to work again. :(

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news...
zubietaroberto

Postby classicwinters » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:17 pm

I noted this too and forgot to post a thread on how to fix it! Thanks!
I don't have a lot to show here, but you can follow my twitter if you want : ).

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/classicwinters
classicwinters

Postby zubietaroberto » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Apparently the one to blame wasn't Nicholas, but rather Google itself...

According to the official Android Developers' blog, they are somehow aware of the issues since they shipped the ADT on October. This is because they decided to change how the libraries link to the applications: instead of referencing the entire source code folder the ADT now references a compiled .jar.

However, Good news finally. They have released the ADT v15, which they claim fixes all these pesky bugs. All the libraries seem now to be working properly. :geek:

Regards from Panama!!!

Roberto E. Zubieta
zubietaroberto

Return to Bugs