Augmented Reality Example Not Working

... the Augmented-Reality Extension for AndEngine.

Augmented Reality Example Not Working

Postby Henry » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:26 pm

When I run the andengine examples app and try the augmented reality feature, it works perfectly with the sprite showing. However, I made my own project and added the augmented reality jar to the build path... The camera shows, but no sprite. I read the note about starting the phone in landscape mode but it still doesnt work. When I click the back button, I see the sprite on a black screen for a second before the application quits. Any ideas?
Henry

Re: Augmented Reality Example Not Working

Postby mankind » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 am

I had the same issue on my Droid. It looked like the "face" sprite was transparent, with the background camera image showing through this sprite, even when I set the scene's background color alpha to opaque.

I played with setting the "face" alpha to 1.0f (100% opaque) but nothing changed. I had success with setting the "face" sprite's alpha to almost-opaque, right after it is created, as below:

face.setAlpha(0.9f);

Not sure of the underlying reason for the sprite transparency effect in this case.
mankind

Postby msantang » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Same here. If i build Augmented reality demo i get the same error.
msantang

Postby pracio » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:41 am

Delete this.mRenderSurfaceView.bringToFront(); in BaseAugmentedRealityGameActivity's onCreate() method~~
It works, good luck! :)
pracio

Return to Augmented-Reality