AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

... public announcements related to AndEngine.

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Liiam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:53 pm

suggest you start it here: http://www.andengine.org/forums/gles2/
Liiam

Postby Semtiko » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Thank you, Nikolas! It's really good news and very big and good job!
What about TMX? "Tiled" released a new version (0.8.0) with polygon and polyline objects support. Do you plan to develop a new TMX module?
Semtiko

Postby digiw0rx » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Liiam wrote:Hi guys, so i've finnaly managed to get the AnEngineEamples working and i'm gonna give a quick tutorial on how i did it, if someone is still having troubles with it.

I am asuming you have updated SDK and ADT

1. Create a folder (e.g. on desktop) called AndEngine_repos

2. Download ALL repos into that folder

3. Go to Eclipse -> import existing projects into workspace -> select root directory -> AndEngine_repos (on desktop or wherever you've put it)

4. Make sure you have Copy projects into workspace selected and then click Finish

5. Now you should see red exclamation marks on each project, so go and right click on EACH project -> Android tools -> Fix project properties

6. Clean all projects

7. Again right click on EACH project -> Properties -> Java Compiler -> Java compilance level -> set it to 1.6 -> hit Apply -> hit Yes -> hit OK

8. Clean all projects

9. Exit eclipse and go back in

10. Now there should be only yellow triangels on each project

11. Right click on AndEngineExamples -> Properties -> Android -> Choose the target of your device (i've chosen 2.3.3) and hit Apply and the OK

12. Clean all projects and restart Eclipse

After folowing this step you slould be able to run the AndEngineExamples

Hope this helps.

This is a good start, but the examples reference "jar" files located within the bin folder, i found a need to build all these jar's for the examples to work.
digiw0rx

Postby Mathew » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:22 pm

If someone got compiled jars, I would be grateful (and rest people seems also)

Thanks
Mathew

Postby Zappescu » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Welcome back Nicolas! :D
Zapmobilegames website
Zapmobilegames
Facebook Tic Tank Toe Fans
Tic Tank Toe | Facebook
Tic Tank Toe: a new approach for a classical Game
Zappescu

Postby einsteinx2 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Mathew wrote:If someone got compiled jars, I would be grateful (and rest people seems also)

Thanks

source+compiled jars I made yesterday: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40866/andengine ... -23-11.zip

Here are jars I compiled yesterday for use in my projects, along with the .so ndk built files. Though it really is very simply to create them yourself in eclipse, and you should learn to do that so you can benefit from updates to the code.

You can follow the instructions a few posts up to get the projects open in a workspace, then on each project just right click and choose export. Choose JAR, uncheck everything in the project you're exporting except the src and gen folders and export the jar. You can choose to include source files as well as compiled classes in your jars, like the ones I made, so that you can command/control + click in your IDE to see the implementations rather than just method definitions.

Hope that helps :)
einsteinx2

Postby Mathew » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks einsteinx2, I followed this little guide, but still I had errors, for now I will test new version, and will try to compare it, I have to check if it will be good move to change AE version in my current project, if yes, obviously I will have to fight a bit with those errors. Thanks for upload.
Mathew

Postby einsteinx2 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:35 am

Mathew wrote:Thanks einsteinx2, I followed this little guide, but still I had errors, for now I will test new version, and will try to compare it, I have to check if it will be good move to change AE version in my current project, if yes, obviously I will have to fight a bit with those errors. Thanks for upload.

The most common errors seem to be related to either not having the newest Android SDKs installed (make sure to install all SDK versions, specifically I think AndEngine is using sdk level 14), the projects not being set to use Java version 1.6 or 6 compliance (sometimes they default to 1.5), or res folders missing.

What errors are you getting?
einsteinx2

Postby matejkepes » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Liiam wrote:Hi guys, so i've finnaly managed to get the AnEngineEamples working and i'm gonna give a quick tutorial on how i did it, if someone is still having troubles with it.

I am asuming you have updated SDK and ADT

1. Create a folder (e.g. on desktop) called AndEngine_repos

2. Download ALL repos into that folder

3. Go to Eclipse -> import existing projects into workspace -> select root directory -> AndEngine_repos (on desktop or wherever you've put it)

4. Make sure you have Copy projects into workspace selected and then click Finish

5. Now you should see red exclamation marks on each project, so go and right click on EACH project -> Android tools -> Fix project properties

6. Clean all projects

7. Again right click on EACH project -> Properties -> Java Compiler -> Java compilance level -> set it to 1.6 -> hit Apply -> hit Yes -> hit OK

8. Clean all projects

9. Exit eclipse and go back in

10. Now there should be only yellow triangels on each project

11. Right click on AndEngineExamples -> Properties -> Android -> Choose the target of your device (i've chosen 2.3.3) and hit Apply and the OK

12. Clean all projects and restart Eclipse

After folowing this step you slould be able to run the AndEngineExamples

Hope this helps.

I've followed this guide but I am always getting these errors :
[2011-12-25 14:00:16 - AndEngine] Unable to resolve target 'android-14'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEngineMODPlayerExtension] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEngineSVGTextureRegionExtension] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEnginePhysicsBox2DExtension] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEngineMultiplayerExtension] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEngineTexturePackerExtension] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'
[2011-12-25 14:00:17 - AndEngineExamples] Unable to resolve target 'android-13'

Could you help me please ?
matejkepes

Postby jasonyliu » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Semtiko wrote:Thank you, Nikolas! It's really good news and very big and good job!
What about TMX? "Tiled" released a new version (0.8.0) with polygon and polyline objects support. Do you plan to develop a new TMX module?

Thank you for this great news, it really made my day! But I have same question tho, after downloading the source and examples, I saw TMX implementations were gone, any plan to add these back in soon?
jasonyliu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements