AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

  ... public announcements related to AndEngine.

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Liiam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi guys, so i've finnaly managed to get the AnEngineEamples working and i'm gonna give a quick tutorial on how i did it, if someone is still having troubles with it.

I am asuming you have updated SDK and ADT

1. Create a folder (e.g. on desktop) called AndEngine_repos

2. Download ALL repos into that folder

3. Go to Eclipse -> import existing projects into workspace -> select root directory -> AndEngine_repos (on desktop or wherever you've put it)

4. Make sure you have Copy projects into workspace selected and then click Finish

5. Now you should see red exclamation marks on each project, so go and right click on EACH project -> Android tools -> Fix project properties

6. Clean all projects

7. Again right click on EACH project -> Properties -> Java Compiler -> Java compilance level -> set it to 1.6 -> hit Apply -> hit Yes -> hit OK

8. Clean all projects

9. Exit eclipse and go back in

10. Now there should be only yellow triangels on each project

11. Right click on AndEngineExamples -> Properties -> Android -> Choose the target of your device (i've chosen 2.3.3) and hit Apply and the OK

12. Clean all projects and restart Eclipse

After folowing this step you slould be able to run the AndEngineExamples

Hope this helps.
Liiam
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby zubietaroberto » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Nicholas, are you Santa Claus' alter-ego?? Thanks a lot as always, ask me for a beer the next time you come to Panama (if you ever come).

Regards from Panama!

Roberto E. Zubieta
zubietaroberto
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Panama City, Panama

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby alexandernst » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Liiam wrote:11. Right click on AndEngineExamples -> Properties -> Android -> Choose the target of your device (i've chosen 2.3.3) and hit Apply and the OK


What target did you set in AndEngine itself? If I set anything lower than 4.0 I get a few errors.
alexandernst
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Liiam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Just leave it 4.0 it works anyway
Liiam
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Mathew » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Liiam, thanks for your guide, could you please tell me what option you meant saying 'clean project'?
User avatar
Mathew
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Tarnów, Poland

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby alexandernst » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Liiam wrote:Just leave it 4.0 it works anyway


Ok, I followed your instructions and I get the exactly same error as here: announces/andengine-gles2-pre-release-on-december-23rd-t6097-40.html#p26965

Any suggestions?
alexandernst
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Liiam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Mathew wrote:Liiam, thanks for your guide, could you please tell me what option you meant saying 'clean project'?


Go to project -> Clean... -> Clean all projects

alexandernst wrote:
Liiam wrote:Just leave it 4.0 it works anyway


Ok, I followed your instructions and I get the exactly same error as here: announces/andengine-gles2-pre-release-on-december-23rd-t6097-40.html#p26965

Any suggestions?


Do you have all the latest updates of Eclipse, SDK, ADT, ... ?
Liiam
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby alexandernst » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Liiam wrote:
Do you have all the latest updates of Eclipse, SDK, ADT, ... ?


I think so.
Eclipse 3.7.1
Android SDK Tools rev 16
Android SDK Platform-tools rev 10

Android SDK 1.5 (API 3), 1.6 (API 4), 2.1 (API 7), 2.2 (API 8), 2.3.3 (API 10), 3.0 (API 11), 3.1 (API 12), 3.2 (API 13), 4.0 (API 14) and 4.0.3 (API 15).

I have only the SDK Platform of each one of those installed, I didn't install the "Google APIs by Google Inc." too. Should I?
alexandernst
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby Liiam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:24 pm

alexandernst wrote:
Liiam wrote:
Do you have all the latest updates of Eclipse, SDK, ADT, ... ?


I think so.
Eclipse 3.7.1
Android SDK Tools rev 16
Android SDK Platform-tools rev 10

Android SDK 1.5 (API 3), 1.6 (API 4), 2.1 (API 7), 2.2 (API 8), 2.3.3 (API 10), 3.0 (API 11), 3.1 (API 12), 3.2 (API 13), 4.0 (API 14) and 4.0.3 (API 15).

I have only the SDK Platform of each one of those installed, I didn't install the "Google APIs by Google Inc." too. Should I?


I think you dont need that, i'm afaid i don't know what's the problem, i've never got those problems, most of my problems were solved by restarting eclipse
Liiam
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: AndEngine - GLES2 - Pre-Release on December 23rd

Postby alexandernst » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Liiam wrote:I think you dont need that, i'm afaid i don't know what's the problem, i've never got those problems, most of my problems were solved by restarting eclipse


Who else could I ask for help? Maybe I should strat a new thread?
alexandernst
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests